Mehrspieler ist ein Spielmodus in dem man mit anderen Spielern konkurrieren oder mit diesen zusammenspielen kann. Multiplayerspiele sind von Grund auf kooperativer Natur, jedoch gibt es auch eine PVP Funktion die jederzeit aktiviert werden kann.
Typen[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
Es gibt zwei Arten von Mehrspielerspielen: Server und „Host & Play“.
- Host & Play Spiele werden über die normale Terrariaanwendung gestartet. Der erste Spieler wählt „Host & Play“, wählt die gewünschten Optionen, und startet die Welt, wobei er zum Host wird. Andere Spieler aus dem gleichen Netzwerk oder aus anderen Netzwerken können dann beitreten, indem sie „Beitreten“ im Mehrspielermenü wählen oder falls sie auf Steam befreundet sind, den „Beitreten via Steam“ Knopf drücken. Das Spiel wird beendet sobald der Host das Spiel verlässt. Diese Option wird meist für kleinere LAN- Spiele oder für kleine online Sitzungen verwendet.
- Major internet multiplayer games run on servers. Servers are started via the TerrariaServer.exe file included with each Windows Terraria installation, or via a third-party server program — see server for details. A server allows the game world to run on a separate computer, with no graphical requirements, and without requiring any particular player to remain connected. Players can join server games by choosing „Join“ from Terraria's Multiplayer menu, then entering the server information. Server lists can be found below.
- In the mobile version, worlds will be hosted over Wi-Fi as long as the player has not de-selected the „Multiplayer Host“ option in settings. Note that this option will reset to on when the player enters a new world. Other players on the same network can then join by choosing to „Join Game“ and selecting the host's character name on the subsequent screen. Third-party applications exist to forward these games over the Internet rather than just over a single network, but these are unsupported and come with no guarantee.
In server multiplayer games, the host server provides the world file, and has the ability to communicate with players, save the map, close the server, set the time of day, and kick or ban players.
PvP[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
Player versus Player (PvP) is a multiplayer mode that allows players, or teams of players, to attack each other. PvP is activated by joining a multiplayer world and enabling the PvP option by clicking on the crossed swords near the armor and accessory slots. The only way a player can damage another player is if both players have the PvP option enabled.
There is also the option of joining a team. Teams are represented by the colored icons near the armor and accessory slots. Once you select a team, there is an onscreen notification of how far away your teammates are, as well as how much health they have. PvP players on the same team can see each other on the minimap, while other PvP players cannot.
If a player is holding an informational item such as the Cell Phone, any teammates standing near them can also see the data readout from it.
Erobere den Kristall[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
PvP players can play Capture the Gem, which operates similarly to Capture the Flag. Capture the Gem requires Large Gems, one for each team which can be crafted using 15 Amethyst, Topaz, Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby, Amber, or Diamond. Teams attempt to steal the opposing team's Gem and bring it back to their own base. Large Gems display as hovering graphics over any player carrying one, and always drop next to killed players.
Einzigartige Aspekte des PvP[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- The window of invincibility after taking damage is greatly reduced if it came from another player. Normally, you would receive 2/3 of a second of invincibility (0.66). In PvP, you only receive 2/15 of a second (0.13).
- The Cross Necklace and Star Veil actually have effect in PvP.
- Players killed by other players do not drop coins. By extension, players that are killed by their own explosives also do not drop coins, even in singleplayer worlds.
- When players respawn, they have full health instead of half health (100 health before 1.3), but this won't work if players were killed by the debuff by other players' weapon.
- Critical hits and unique knockback values do not apply in PvP. Because of this, the best modifier for weapons that will be exclusively used for PvP and cannot have their speed modified is generally Ruthless, which simply maximizes raw damage per hit.
Multiplayer-Exklusive Items[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
These items can only be obtained in multiplayer. However, once the items are obtained, they can be transferred to a singleplayer world.
Hinweise[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Multiplayer games cannot be paused by participating players.
- Playing multiplayer does not increase game difficulty, making multiplayer useful for defeating difficult bosses or events.
- In Expert mode, bosses do scale depending on the amount of players on a server. This can make some bosses more difficult than in singleplayer, even when accounting for the additional players.
- Different platforms (PC/Playstation/Xbox/Mobile¹/Windows Phone) generally cannot play multiplayer games together.
- Android and iOS can play together.
- In the Wii U edition the player cannot change team if playing on the GamePad.
Geschichte[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Added Steam integration.
- Added new pink team.
- PVP and team icons changed.
- Wormhole potion added.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Team dye added.
- Team hair dye added.